There is the recent past, as in my 5 year college reunion is this Fall 2007 and then there are the childhood memories. Since being back in WA, I've had a few of these sparked again! The camp where I grew up going and then served as a CIT (counselor in training) was Camp Firwood. Some friends are putting together a 10 year CIT reunion which will be fun! We have full use of the waterfront including the waverunner (or banana boat or whatever you want to call it). As a precursor to this, I accepted an extra ticket for Wild Waves in Federal Way. It has been at least 15 years since I have gone to this water park. It was pretty funny when Daniel pulled into the "drop off" lane and I ran into the park. And I have to admit that I had a blast! I went with my mother in law who usually has a few kids around (this time the family of a girl who had been an exchange student) and her nephew. We joined the hordes of people in the wave pool. Although I just moved from California where there are REAL waves (and gross salt water), I enjoyed jumping and floating in the fake waves (and gross chlorine water) as if I was back in the 7th grade. Now...how to get ready for my 10 year high school reunion next summer?!
Friday, August 3, 2007
Blast from the past
There is the recent past, as in my 5 year college reunion is this Fall 2007 and then there are the childhood memories. Since being back in WA, I've had a few of these sparked again! The camp where I grew up going and then served as a CIT (counselor in training) was Camp Firwood. Some friends are putting together a 10 year CIT reunion which will be fun! We have full use of the waterfront including the waverunner (or banana boat or whatever you want to call it). As a precursor to this, I accepted an extra ticket for Wild Waves in Federal Way. It has been at least 15 years since I have gone to this water park. It was pretty funny when Daniel pulled into the "drop off" lane and I ran into the park. And I have to admit that I had a blast! I went with my mother in law who usually has a few kids around (this time the family of a girl who had been an exchange student) and her nephew. We joined the hordes of people in the wave pool. Although I just moved from California where there are REAL waves (and gross salt water), I enjoyed jumping and floating in the fake waves (and gross chlorine water) as if I was back in the 7th grade. Now...how to get ready for my 10 year high school reunion next summer?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment