This month has a lot of "last times". This is my last meeting, my last staff lunch, my last time at the beach and my last retreat, at least for now. This summer our retreat was at the Pierpont Inn, which is a beautiful resort in Ventura, CA. I had wanted to take Daniel here last fall, but it was out of my price range! So, I enjoyed retreating with friends and having a chance to say some goodbyes. It also c
oincided with the "last gig" of our chaplain, who gave some beautiful words from the Gospel of John.
Retreats are a chance to relax and reflect. My reflections were ones of gratitude and a recommitment to serving students. In order to do this, I need to be drinking from the well. It is so easy for me to be distracted. John 1:35-50 says, "What do you seek?" Then Jesus invites us to, "Come, and you will see". My hope is that what I seek and what God would desire for me w
ill be synonomous.
The retreat was also a chance to spend time with some dear friends. Leslie, Tara and Kerri have all been trusted friends and co-workers. I have enjoyed sharing a sense of purpose as well as a care for one another.
1 comment:
Hey,
Regarding your comment, I didn't want you to feel overwhelmed and just wanted to post as much as my new blogger friend :) HA!!!
Post a Comment